WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL ANALYST
Rezco has a unique way of looking at the world that delivers on our objective of achieving superior, risk adjusted returns for our clients. This means that we hire analysts with a creative and analytical mind that do not usually have prior investment experience.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Really bright young professionals or new graduates with a great work ethic. What you have achieved matters more to us than what you studied. We are looking for remarkable people that graduated in the top 5% of their class, in a numerate degree, who have a strong desire to be a fund manager. We expect to see lots of A’s on a transcript. Global news should intrigue you to dig deeper in search of investment opportunities.
WHY ASSET MANAGEMENT?
We see investment management as the intersection of behavioral finance, investment knowledge and game theory. What excites us about asset management is the challenge of finding great investment ideas for our clients. One of our maxims is “There is always a great investment idea staring you in the face, you just can’t see it yet”. If this sense of intellectual adventure and discovery fascinates you, we would like to hear from you.
- Rezco is a multiple award winning and fast growing asset manager. Learning from a talented investment team, you will quickly receive responsibility and be close to the investment decision-making process.
- Rezco can allocate up to 30% of its profits to staff bonuses. This can be extremely lucrative.
- Rezco donates 20% of attributable profit to social causes. We find this extremely motivating.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Fill in your details below to get the ball rolling.
- This is the initial screen where we mostly validate the minimum academic requirements.
- From there on, we look at qualitative factors.
- We then take our candidate through some psychometric tests.
- After this, we get into a detailed interview process.
You will hear back from us promptly at each stage.
Still interested and in the top 5% of your class? Submit your details below and we’ll get back to you
POSITION: Trader (BCOM/BSc IT/MATHS/STATS/FINANCE GRADUATE) REPORTING STRUCTURE: Reports to Head of Dealing LOCATION: Port Elizabeth
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL TRADEROur company is a boutique global Asset Management Firm, with a team consisting of the very best & brightest talent. We encourage innovation, harnessing the power of tech combined with the human touch, and are passionate about making a difference within the investment sector, typically a high demanding environment. Therefore there is no space for thinking in-the-box. We are hiring a Trader with exceptional analytical skills and a demonstrable keen interest in financial markets, coding, tech and financial models.
- BSc/BCom Degree in IT/Statistics/Accounting/Maths/Actuarial Science or Financial Markets-orientated Degree
- Honours or Masters post-graduate qualification advantageous
- A demonstrable interest in the financial markets is essential for application
- Exposure to coding: Go/Python and/or SQL advantageous. Alternatively must demonstrate an aptitude for and interest in coding.
- Advanced Excel required
- Graduate level is acceptable although demonstrable keen interest in trading financial markets is essential for application
- Dealer or trading experience advantageous.
- Experience in coding is advantageous alternatively an interest and/or aptitude for coding is required
- Preferable: exposure to working with Go, Python, SQL or other code
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Be meticulous and pay high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for and interest in both financial markets and coding.
- Be accurate and diligent.
- Highly numerate
- Be prepared to trade in a global market in terms of shifts with team, to facilitate trades in Asia and US time zones.
- Be flexible and adaptable with a mature personality.
- Have good organizational, communication and administrative skills.
- Be able to work to deadlines.
- Be able to handle competing pressures to ensure that executions are both timeous as well as within statutory and regulatory guidelines.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:The Trader participates in all trading, allocation, and settlement-related issues. In addition, this role will offer support to all backend operational processes to support the pricing and implementation department. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Having a thorough working knowledge of all trading software (Bloomberg) components and be responsible for managing access to these software programs
- Completing stock pick requests according to procedures
- Participating in the compilation and preparation of information required for Across-the-Board, and all fund trading.
- Executing all stock, bond, derivative and mutual fund trade orders in accordance with compliance guidelines
- Preparing and transmitting all trade allocations for individual client accounts and the Funds in accordance with compliance guidelines
- Reconciling all block trades, individual client trades, and trades for the Funds
- Compiling and computing performance calculations for the Company’s model portfolio(s) on a weekly basis in accordance with compliance guidelines
- Providing accurate information for reporting purposes
- Assist with the daily task tracking activities to support the client administrative activities for planning and implementation.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Researching Fixed Income Instruments to achieve enhanced yield and to determine whether such instruments are suitable for the companies’ portfolios.
- Ensuring compliance with company investment policy, statutory restrictions and company procedures; client service level agreements and internal controls.
- Facilitation of trades in Asia and US time zones
- Developing financial models
- Developing and coding intelligent automated backend systems with support of AI team